For an ADS search of papers by the BICEP/SPUD collaboration, please refer to the Papers and Data section in the BICEP1/BICEP2/Keck Array/POLAR-1 tabs.
Here, we link papers that are of interest to our team's cosmology research, as well as fun papers discussed during our weekly journal club.
Cosmology and CMB-Polarization
- Kovac PhD thesis (2002), Detection of Polarization in the Cosmic Microwave Background using DASI, local link, ADS. See sections 5.6 and 6.1 — Summary of S/N (Karhunen-Loeve) transformation, quadratic estimators, and likelihood formalism, with references.
- Bradford Senior Thesis (2012), A Rotating Polarized Source: Instrument Development for Precision Calibration of Cosmic Microwave Background Polarimeters at the South Pole, PDF. Design of polarized broadband noise source for calibrating telescope receivers.
- Bond, Jaffe, Knox (1998), Estimating the power spectrum of the cosmic microwave background, ADS, arXiv. Definition of likelihood for CMB datasets, quadratic estimators, and S/N transformations.
- Tegmark, de Oliveira-Costa (2001), How to measure CMB polarization power spectra without losing information, ADS, arXiv. Quadratic estimators for polarization, bandpower window functions.
- Bond, Jaffe, Knox (2000), Radical Compression of Cosmic Microwave Background Data, ADS, arXiv. Offset lognormal.
- Bunn, Zaldarriaga, Tegmark, de Oliveira-Costa (2003), E/B decomposition of finite pixelized CMB maps, ADS, arXiv. E/B ambiguous mode decomposition.
- Tegmark (1997b), How to measure CMB power spectra without losing information, ADS, arXiv.
- Tegmark (1997a), How to Make Maps from Cosmic Microwave Background Data without Losing Information, ADS, arXiv.
- Tegmark, Taylor, Heavens (1997), Karhunen-Loeve Eigenvalue Problems in Cosmology: How Should We Tackle Large Data Sets?, ADS, arXiv.
Journal Club Papers
- Alizadeh and Hirata, How to detect gravitational waves through the cross-correlation of the galaxy distribution with the CMB polarization, arXiv:1201.5374
- Bleem et al, A Measurement of the Correlation of Galaxy Surveys with CMB Lensing Convergence Maps from the South Pole Telescope, arXiv:1203.4808
- Dent, Easson, and Tashiro, Cosmological constraints from CMB distortion, arXiv:1202.6066
- Kogut et al, The Primordial Inflation Explorer (PIXIE): A Nulling Polarimeter for Cosmic Microwave Background Observations, arXiv:1105.2044
- Hand et al, Detection of Galaxy Cluster Motions with the Kinematic Sunyaev-Zel'dovich Effect, arXiv:1203:4219
- van Engelen et al, A Measurement of Gravitational Lensing of the Microwave Background Using South Pole Telescope Data, arXiv:1202.0546