Upsilon Andromedae Gallery
- Pictures: comparisons of Upsilon Andromedae with our Solar System:
- inner planets only:
- out to Jupiter:
- inner planets with radial velocity:
- out to Jupiter with radial velocity:
- Animations (JAVA applet):
Note: If you are using an older browser, follow the (*) links to run a
JDK1.0 complient version of the applet, otherwise click on the arrow.
- -> Upsilon Andromedae only
- -> Solar system, inner planets
- -> Solar system, all but Pluto
- -> Upsilon Andromedae vs. Solar
System, inner planets only
- Schematic illustration of the Upsilon Andromedae system:
- Artist renderings of the Upsilon Andromedae system:
- Animations of the artist rendering of the Upsilon Andromedae system:
Note: The respective sizes in the artist renderings are
schematic only; we do not really know the sizes of these giant
planets (here they are depicted with their respective volume proportional
to the inferred minimum mass).
The relative rotation speeds and distances are acurate (but the orbits
eccentricities are not taken into account yet). The short movie
corresponds to 10 rotations of "b" and thus corresponds to 46 days, the
long movie starts `earlier', and corresponds to a 4-month-long span.
Credit: Rendering and animation created with blender, background image of the
Andromedae constellation courtesy of Till Credner (Max-Planck-Institut
fuer Aeronomie); rendering by Sylvain G. Korzennik.
more on the AFOE's planet detection program.
Sylvain G. Korzennik
Last modified: Fri May 14 12:28:24 1999