- This is an informal group of women scientists and graduate
at CfA who meet more or less monthly to discuss topics of mutual
interest. These topics might
include career paths, work-family issues, research
problems, parenting, politics, rewards, salaries,
advisors, mentors, promotions, policies ... etc. - whatever
the group wants to bring up.
- To communicate with this group, email
Current Meetings and Links
Thursday, July 26, 2012,
Phillips Auditorium 12:30 pm: ASTRONOMICAL BULLYING
, Professor Joan T. Schmelz,
University of Memphis and Chair, AAS Committee
on the Status of Women in Astronomy (CSWA) will report on the
discussion at the recent AAS meeting in Alaska in June.
- Friday, June 15, 2012,
Classroom A101 12:30 pm: CfA Gender Equity Committee
Professor Alicia Soderberg, Chair of the CfA Gender Equity
Committee will discuss the activities of that committee for the coming year.
- Wednesday, April 25, 2012,
Pratt Conference Room 2:00 pm: CfAWIS returns!
A discussion of WISChats, the CfA Gender
Equity Committee, possible future programs, and highlights
from 'Why So Slow?' by Virginia Valian.
- Programs for 2008-2011 can be found
- Programs for 2007-2008 (Semester 1 and 2) can be found here.
- Programs for 2006-2007 (Semester 1 and 2) can be found here.
- Programs for 2005 can be found here.