CfA Colloquium Schedule Spring 1996
Thursdays 4pm, Phillips Auditorium. Preceded by tea at 3:30pm
- Jan 4 --XMAS/New Year--
- Jan 11 David Tytler (UCSD) `Detection and Characterization of Earth-like planets'
- Jan 18 --AAS San Antonio TX--
- Jan 25 Avi Loeb (Harvard) `Structure Formation in the Universe at High Redshift'
- Feb 1 William Feldman `Ulysses'
- Feb 8 Francoise Combes (IAP, Paris) `Molecular Absorption at z~1'
- Feb 15 Mike Turner (U.Chicago)
- Feb 22 Dimitar Sasselov (CfA) `Cepheids and the Distance Scale'
- Feb 29 Martin Elvis (CfA) `X-rays and High Redshift Quasars'
- Mar 7 Charles Townes (UC Berkeley)`Stellar Interferometry in the Mid-infrared'
- Mar 14 John Leibacher: 1996 James Arthur Lecture `GONG'
- Mar 21 David Helfand: (Columbia) `First Science from the FIRST Survey'
- Mar 28 Gareth Wynn-Williams (U.Hawaii) `Hot Dust in Galaxies'
- Apr 4 Josh Grindlay (CfA) `Compact Objects and Binaries in Globular
Clusters: ROSAT and HST Revelations'
- Apr 11 Andrea Dupree (CfA) `Extreme Ultraviolet Spectroscopy: What's Hot about Cool Stars?'
- Apr 18 Martin Kessler (ESA) `ISO - Initial In-Orbit Results'
- Apr 25 Lars Hernquist (UC Santa Cruz) `Quasar Absorbtion Lines in a CDM
- May 2 Anthony Aveni (Colgate University) `Mystery of the Nazca Lines'
- May 9 Marc Davis (UC Berkeley) `Large Scale Comparison of Peculiar Velocity and Gravity Fields'
- May 16 Fred Rasio (MIT) `Stellar Collisions and the Formation of Blue Stragglers'
- May 23 Don Brownlee (U.Washington) `GEMS'
- May 30 Bok Prize Lecture - To Be Announced
- June 6
- June 13 --AAS Madison WI--
CfA Colloquium organizers for 1995-1996 are Martin Elvis and Bob Noyes.