DUE TO UNFORESEEN DISRUPTIONS CAUSED BY THE HURRICANE ON THE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES,
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR THE CFA AWARD WAS EXTENDED TO MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH at 17:00 GMT.
Deadline: October 31, 2012 at 17:00 GMT.
Online admissions materials due before the October 31, 2012 deadline:
- Personal Information Section of Online Application
- Proposed Research Section of Online Application
- Four Uploaded Forms in PDF or Text Format:
- Curriculum Vita
- Publication List
- Summary of Previous and Current Research (up to 4 pages)
- Research Proposal (up to 4 pages)
Summaries and proposals with images and references included should not exceed
4 pages. Four pages is the maximum, not the absolute standard; therefore, applicants
may submit summaries and proposals that are less than 4 pages. The font type
should be equivalent to Times New Roman, size 12.
- Three Letters of Reference.
- The steps for submitting a letter are:
- 1. The applicant supplies the name and email of each referee in the application form.
- 2. A message is emailed to each referee, which provides a unique URL.
- 3. The referee uses that URL to upload the letter.
- 4. Once the reference letter has been uploaded, the applicant will see "Complete" when checking the appropriate area of the application status page.
Application Materials are due by October 31, 2012. Please review the FAQ before
beginning the online application. Successful applicants are expected to have at least one
first-author refereed journal paper (submitted papers are acceptable) at the time of application.
NOTE: The Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory issues only J-1 visas to international
exchange scholars selected for the CfA Fellowship Program.
Center for Astrophysics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.