All the following online application materials are due by the February 1, 2014 deadline:
PLEASE NOTE: You may compile the 'summary of prior research', 'teaching, mentoring and outreach activities' and 'the list of potential host research groups' into one pdf and upload as one document.
- Professional CV with publication list
- Names and contact information for three letter writers
- 1-2 page summary of prior research
- Up to 2 pages describing the applicants past teaching, mentoring and outreach activities, as well as plans for future activities that will lead to increased diversity and inclusion in physics and astronomy through teaching, advising and/or mentoring.
- A list of potential host research groups at MIT or Harvard
Letters of reference should be submitted by the three referees and must be received by the February 1, 2014 application deadline. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the letters have been received. Use the View Status feature to check receipt of a reference letter.
The steps for submitting a letter are:
- The applicant supplies the name and e-mail of each referee in the application form.
- A message providing a unique URL is e-mailed to each referee. The referee uses that URL to upload the letter.
- Once the reference letter has been uploaded, the applicant will see "Complete" when checking the appropriate area of the application status page.
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of the Ph.D. is required to begin a Postdoctoral Fellowship; successful candidates who have received their degree within three years of the effective start date of the fellowship must provide verification of their Ph.D.
All application materials are due by 17:00 EST, February 1, 2014. Please
review the Frequently Asked Questions page before beginning
the online application.
Center for Astrophysics along with Harvard Universit and MIT are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers
where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.