MicroObservatory Image Software
A simple to use, yet powerful astronomical image processing program that works with FITS and GIF files.
Click to download the correct version for your operating system.
PC Users (Windows) and Linux
When you download MicroObservatory Image you also download Sun Microsystems' Java 1.4.1 implementation. This is stored in a folder called Java. Leave the Java directory inside the MicroObservatory Image directory.
Works best with G4 processors and above. For OSX you must have Apple's MRJ 1.4.1 installed. You can get this Java version by updating to OSX version 10.4
To update your system:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Choose Software Update from the View menu.
- Click Check Now.
- Select the items you want to install, then click Install.
- Enter an Admin user name and password.
- After the update is complete, restart the computer if necessary.