Bureau of Industry and Security Webinars
In furtherance of SAO's significant statutory and regulatory obligations to maintain a compliant Export Control system, SPP recommends that project personnel who have, or foresee, involvement in international collaborations, consider taking one of the many short seminars offered under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Outreach and Educational Services Division.
Information on the location, frequency, and content of seminars may be found on the BIS Seminar and Training web page. A course that we think is quite thorough, comprehensive, and informative and allows the participant to gain more insight into the processes and procedures associated with this complex topic is the "Complying with U.S. Export Controls Export Regulations" course, which is a 2-day course costing approximately $300 that is offered annually by the Department of Commerce on Long Island, NY, as well as many other locations throughout the country.
In addition to classroom training opportunities, BIS occasionally offers free "Webinar" broadcasts. Recent "Webinars" have been archived by BIS and are available to access free of charge on their website. This information supplements, but does not supplant, the SAO Export Control Policy. If you have any questions regarding the content of these "Webinars," or any other ITAR/EAR issues, please contact Natascha Finnerty, the SAO Export Compliance Officer (SAO/ECO), or Export Compliance at CfA.
Please note: when you select the link below, you are leaving the CfA Web Site and no guarantees can be made as to the security of outside sites. Should you experience difficulty viewing either the PDF or video formats, please contact your computer support help desk to ensure you have the necessary software programs.
BIS Online Training Room, including Archived Webinar Programs
Other Training Materials
- "What do I need to know about Export Controls?" SI pamphlet for quick guidance (December 10, 2014)
- International Shipping and Export Compliance (From MCI presentation, December 10, 2014)
- Export Compliance and Technology Control Plan Training for PI's, PA's, and DM's (January 9, 2014)
- Introduction to Export Controls Instrumentation Workshop, June 12-13, 2013
- SI's Export Compliance Program Overview
- Export Control Reform Implementation, May 31, 2013 from the Coalition of New England Companies for Trade and the Massachusetts Export Center - (PDF)
- Bureau of Census presentation: Classifying Your Product (June 2014)
If you have further questions, please contact the Export Compliance Officer.