The Purchasing Section: in general, is responsible for procurements that are at or below the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (currently $100,000), have a period-of-performance less than one year in length, and use the Terms and Conditions of a Fixed-Price Supply or Service type contract.
- Joseph F. Lendall, Section Manager; In addition to the overall management of the Purchasing Section, handles:
- large and complex machining and fabrications,
- construction ($100K and under),
- large events and conferences,
- independent contractors,
- new vendor enrollment reviews,
- Small Business (Supplier Diversity) Liaison Officer; small business subcontracting plans and small business reporting, and
- Purchasing Policies & Procedures, including liaison to SI on regulatory matters.
- Ethel P. (E.J.) Dotts, Sr. Procurement Analyst; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- large and complex IT procurements,
- desktop and laptop computers (Dell, Apple),
- outsourced printing and repair services,
- Purchasing-related ERP (PeopleSoft) issues,
- Purchasing Policies & Procedures and regulatory matters,
- SAO Purchase Card Administrator, and
- requisition assignments.
- Rena M. Cerbone, Procurement Analyst; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- large and complex procurements,
- scientific and test equipment,
- catering, and
- IT (hardware and software), electrical/mechanical and optical commodities.
- David R. Henson, Procurement Analyst; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- blanket orders,
- books and subscriptions,
- standard software licenses and upgrades,
- other IT and electrical/mechanical commodities,
- speaker fees/honoraria, and
- graduate student and research assistant services (non-SAO).
- Justin A. Cronin, Purchasing Agent; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- office and IT supplies,
- training and tuition reimbursement,
- laboratory gases and chemicals, and
- other IT and electrical and mechanical commodities.
Subcontracts: In general, Subcontracts procures services, supplies, and equipment that (a) have a value greater than $100,000, (b) have a period-of-performance greater than one-year in duration, and/or (c) require special Terms and Conditions such as those required for Cost Reimbursement, Research & Development, Time & Materials, or Labor-Hour type contracts.
- Elizabeth M. Kraft, Contract Specialist
- Ethel P. (E.J.) Dotts, Sr. Procurement Analyst
Subgrants: Subgrants is responsible for issuing and administering through close-out all Chandra X-ray Observatory Center (CXC) subawards including General Observing subawards, Archival Research subawards, Postdoctoral Fellowship subawards, and other special subawards such as those for the Chandra Deepest Fields.
- Carol Dzengelewski, Sr. Grant Specialist
- Dawn Marie Hefron, Grant Specialist
- John Sloan, Grant Specialist