The OIR division operates and maintains a number of ground based telescopes for general CfA use. Data obtained on many of these telescopes are reduced for astronomers by the staff of the Telescope Data Center. In particular, data for MMT/Hectospec, MMT/Hectochelle, Magellan/Megacam, Magellan/MMIRS, 1.5m/FAST and 1.5m/TRES are reduced for observers. Contact tdchelp at cfa.harvard.edu for details.
OIR Computer Resources
OIR computing resources for desktop use are described here
Telescope Data Center (TDC)
The SAO Telescope Data Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, supports the above optical telescopes operated by SAO and Harvard with the following services:
- How to submit proposals for MMT, Magellan and FLWO telescopes. (Also, see the TAC link above.)
- Optical Telescope Schedules. Current and past schedules for the FLWO 1.2-meter, FLWO 1.5-meter, MMT and Magellan telescopes are online.
- Observing and Local Documentation. All documents relating to observing preparation, reduction and archiving and more.
- Catalog Resources. Access to vast catalogs of sources.
- Data Reduction and Analysis Software.
Software to process and analyze optical telescope data.
- Optical Telescope Data Archive of spectral data from the
FAST spectrograph, Z-Machine spectrograph, and the MMT Blue Channel Reticon Spectrograph.