Next: Data Processing Team
Up: Operations Management and
Previous: Instrument Operation Team
The MPT is responsible for the detailed planning of observations as
defined by the Lead MPT Scientist in conjunction with any Science Planning
Meetings, and instrument calibrations as transmitted by the Lead MPT
Scientist from the instrument scientists. All new observation schemes must
be approved by the PI in consultation with the CO-PI. The specific tasks
are as follows:
- Acquire DSN schedules, SMOCC plans for S/C operations, and other information
needed for mission planning purposes.
- Generate detailed plans for UVCS observations and calibrations on a weekly
- Participate in UVCS Science Planning Meetings, and SOHO weekly
planning meetings at EOF. Resolve conflicts with other experimenters
and ECS personnel. (Conflicts can also be addressed by the PI or the
UVCS Point of Contact at the EOF.)
- Generate detailed activity plans (timelines) for daily input to ECS.
- Provide detailed mission planning input to the IOT. Assist the
IOT if re-planning is required on short notice.
- Generate plans for special coordinated observations with other
SOHO experiments or ground-based observatories.
- Provide inputs for ECS rule-based conflict resolution software.
- Prepare new embedded observing sequences. Interface with
instrument scientists at site of BCU for ground check-out of new
sequences. Design and evaluate an in-flight test run of new sequences.
Fri Jan 17 12:11:15 EST 1997