Deadline: October 30, 2017 at 17:00 GMT.
NOTE: Only applicants who receive their Ph.D. between January 1, 2017 and September 1, 2018 will be considered unless there are special circumstances such as illness or national service.
Online admissions materials due before the October 30, 2017 deadline:
- Personal Information Section of Online Application
- Proposed Research Section of Online Application
- ADS Bibliography URL
- Two Uploaded Forms in PDF or Text Format:
- Curriculum Vita
- Research Proposal (up to 3 to 4 pages)
Proposals including figures and references should not exceed 4 pages. Shorter proposals are welcome and encouraged. The font type should be equivalent to Times New Roman, size 12.
- Three Letters of Reference.
- The steps for submitting a letter are:
- 1. The applicant supplies the name and email of each referee in the application form.
- 2. A message is emailed from SAO to each selected referee, which provides a unique URL.
- 3. The referee uses that URL to upload the letter.
- 4. Once the reference letter has been uploaded, the applicant will see "Complete" when checking the appropriate area of the application status page.
Application Materials are due by October 30, 2017. Please review the FAQ before
beginning the online application. Successful applicants are expected to have at least one
first-author refereed journal paper (submitted papers are acceptable) at the time of application.
NOTE: The Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory issues only J-1 visas to international
exchange scholars selected for the CfA Fellowship Program.
Center for Astrophysics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.