Deadline: October 30, 2018 at 17:00 GMT.
Online admissions materials due before the October 30, 2018 deadline:
- Personal Information Section of Online Application
- Proposed Research Section of Online Application
- ADS Bibliography URL
- Two Uploaded Forms in PDF or Text Format:
- Curriculum Vita
- Research Proposal (up to 3 to 4 pages)
Proposals including figures and references should not exceed 4 pages. Shorter proposals are welcome and encouraged. The font type should be equivalent to Times New Roman, size 12.
- Three Letters of Reference.
- The steps for submitting a letter are:
- 1. The applicant supplies the name and email of each referee in the application form.
- 2. A message is emailed from SAO to each selected referee, which provides a unique URL.
- 3. The referee uses that URL to upload the letter.
- 4. Once the reference letter has been uploaded, the applicant will see "Complete" when checking the appropriate area of the application status page.
Application Materials are due by October 30, 2018. Please review the FAQ before
beginning the online application.
NOTE: The Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory issues only J-1 visas to international
exchange scholars selected for the Clay Fellowship Program.
Center for Astrophysics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.