We seek individuals who will develop and carry out an independent
research program in astronomy, and whose research will also contribute to increasing
representation and inclusion in these fields through teaching, mentoring, research advising, and
public outreach. The program also targets individuals who may bring unconventional
perspectives to their fields of research, may have critical insights that result from alternative
paths to academia, and whose background will contribute to increasing representation at Harvard
and in the national community of astronomers.
APPLICATION FOR 2020
Please review the application requirements below before visiting the application link.
The following documents must be submitted in PDF or using the provided text box only.
Curriculum vitae (CV)
Combined statement on research and broader impacts (6 pages)
Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Research statement
- Title and summary* (1500 characters)
- Full statement on prior and current research interests (single document)
- Broader impacts
- Combined statement (single document) covering:
- past teaching, mentoring and outreach activities;
- plans for future activities in both scientific research and work that will increase the participation of traditionally underrepresented groups in astronomy through teaching, advising and/or mentoring;
- and a list of potential host research groups at Harvard.
Email addresses for letter writers are required. Writers will receive a link via email to upload their letters in PDF directly to an application. Applicants will be copied on these emails and can check the status of submission by visiting their application and clicking "View Application Status".
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.