Deadline: anticipated for early October, 2018
Online admissions materials due by the deadline:
- Personal Information Section of Online Application
- Four Uploaded Forms in PDF or Text Format:
(font not smaller than 12 point)
Three Letters of Reference. The steps for submitting a letter are:
- Curriculum Vita (may include publication list, esp. submitted or accepted works not yet on ADS)
- Publication List Library in ADS (see application for instructions)
- Summary of Previous and Current Research (up to 4 pages)
- Research Proposal, with SMA interests (up to 2 pages)
- The applicant supplies the name and email of each referee in the
- A message is emailed to each referee, which provides a unique URL.
The referee uses that URL to upload the letter.
- Once the reference letter has been uploaded, the applicant will see
"Complete" when checking the appropriate area of the application
Please review the FAQ before beginning the online application.
The Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.