SAO/LIP Outreach Events
Embracing the mission of the Smithsonian Latino Center, SAO/LIP present a multifaceted and inclusive picture of the Latino experience through outreach activities. The goal of the programming is to educate all visitors about Latino contributions through dynamic public and educational programming. By encouraging dialogue among Latinos and between Latinos and other communities, we ultimately foster a network of cooperating scholarly, educational, and cultural institutions to support our students as well as our events.
- Maximum Advising: Getting the Best Results from the Advisor/Advisee Relationship - August 13, 2018, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Phillips Auditorium
- Work, Life, and Family Balance Issues for STEM Professionals: Speaker Presentations and Panel - Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 2 pm - 4 pm, Phillips Auditorium
- A Presentation by Professor Kelle Cruz entitled: You Can Make a Difference: Incorporating Inclusive Practices into Astronomy and your Day-to-Day Work Life - Tuesday, February 18, 2018, 2 pm - 3 pm, Phillips Auditorium
- Research Exchange with Museum of Science Summer Interns - August 15, 2017, 1 pm - 3 pm, Museum of Science
- Fisk-Vanderbilt Exchange Program and SAO Latino Initiative Program Summer Research Poster Session - Thursday, August 10, 2017, in the ROTUNDA from 12 pm - 1 pm
- STEM Innovation: A Panel Discussion - Friday, August 4, 2017, 2 pm, Phillips Auditorium
- ADA Job Shadow Event - Thursday, March 9, 2017, Pratt Conference Room.
- Fisk-Vanderbilt Exchange Program and SAO Latino Initiative Program Summer Research Poster Session - Thursday, August 11, 2016, 12 pm - 1 pm, in the ROTUNDA
- A Discussion on: The Supply-Side Economic of a STEM Degree - Friday, July 29, 2016, Phillips Auditorium.
- Research Exchange with Museum of Science Summer Interns - July 12, 2016, at the Microsoft Nerd Center at 1:30 pm.
- A Conversation with Dr. Keivan Stassun entitled, "Increasing Diversity in Physics and Astronomy: Lessons from the Fisk-Vanderbilt Masters-to-PhD Bridge Program" - Tuesday, May 3, at 11 am, Pratt Conference Room.
- UMASS TAG (Talented and Gifted Latina) STEAM Educational STEAM Project in cooperation with the Institute for Learning and Teaching (ILT) at UMASS Boston and the Mexican Consulate - April 21, 2016, Pratt Conference Rooms.
- Diverse Roots to the Universe: Positive Steps Toward Increasing Diversity in Physics - Tuesday, August 11, 2015, Phillips Auditorium