Welcome to the HPC@SAO Wiki
- Nov 1st 2013:
- The old compute nodes (4 cores/node, mostly in rack 0) will be decommissioned be over the next month or two;
- They will be replaced by a few new compute nodes with extra memory to accommodate large memory jobs (with a higher limit).
- Oct 2nd 2013:
mvapich2 v1.9 installed for PGI and GNU compilers (solves the zombie problem, but you must recompile your MPI/IB codes).
- Jul 11th 2013:
- New information on memory use:
- Updated disk space info
- Other updates/fixes
- Apr 2nd 2013:
vT*.q: very-long time limit queues added (CPU limit is 108 days)
- Mar 11th 2013:
- last three R815 have been installed in rack 0, for a total of 10, bringing the cluster to 3294 cores.
- Feb 11th 2013:
- The status of the current h/w and s/w changes was updated (Oct 3, 2012).
- Check here for past news.
- References to
hydra (publications, proposals, etc) should mention the cluster as
the Smithsonian Institution High Performance Cluster (SI/HPC).
The following primers
detail how to use the cluster:
- Error Messages
- Disk Use
- S/W packages
Contact me (at hpc@cfa
) to suggest/request other topics to cover or other questions to answer.
HPC Web Utilities
- page created 12 Dec 2011