Since my graduate years, I have been interested in minor bodies of the Solar system - asteroids, meteors and comets. Within my master and PhD thesis, I studied the physical properties, orbital parameters and size-frequency distribution of Near-Earth asteroids (NEOs) and the connection between NEOs and meteoroids. I was involved in development and operation of AMOS video meteor camera in its early stages and worked as an observer at AGO Observatory in Slovakia for two years, doing photometric and astrometric observations of asteroids and comets.
As a postdoc in Hawaii, I joined the Pan-STARRS team when they started the full operation in 2011. As a member of daily MOPS crew, I co-discovered hundreds of asteroids and tens of comets with Pan-STARRS, performed survey simulations and implemented trail fitting algorithm for astrometric improvement of fast moving asteroids.
In 2015, I joined Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Center for NEO Studies and worked on high-fidelity simulations for LSST, as a future discovery machine of small Solar system bodies. My work included improvement of orbital uncertainties and measurement errors of asteroid and comet astrometry that led to better estimation of orbital parameters.
In 2017, I joined the Minor Planet Center, operating under SAO, under the auspices of Division F of IAU and funded by NASA.The MPC is responsible for the designation of minor bodies in the solar system: minor planets; comets; and natural satellites. The MPC is also responsible for the efficient collection, computation, checking and dissemination of astrometric observations and orbits for minor planets and comets.
- Population models of asteroids and comets
- Physical properties of asteroids - 250,000 H,G,G12 values derived from Pan-STARRS data
- Dynamical evolution of orbits
- Discovery and follow-up of NEOs
- Astrometric uncertainties for large asteroid surveys - Paper
- All-sky telescopic surveys and survey efficiency for NEO discovery - NASA LSST study
- LSST Solar System Science Collaboration
- Earth-impacting asteroids - with Pan-STARRS and parallax effect on orbit determination
- Physical and dynamical properties of meteoroids
- Extrasolar planets: transiting exoplanets
- Commercial utilization of space resources
- Space policy regarding asteroid mining