Applications will be accepted beginning September 15, 2021.
The Öberg astrochemistry group explores the origins of chemical complexity in space and how chemistry affects star and planet formation, including the bulk and organic compositions of young planets. The successful applicant will lead and participate in laboratory, theoretical and/or observational projects in line with this mission. They will work with Professor Öberg to develop new programs, support existing ones, and mentor graduate and undergraduate students.
Resources include an astrochemistry laboratory with three state-of-the-art ice experiments, the Odyssey and ITC (Institute for Theory and Computation) computer clusters, as well as access to data from multiple ALMA and SMA observational programs. More information about the Öberg lab at https://karinoberg.cfa.harvard.edu/.
How to Apply:
Applications are due December 15, 2021 at 17:00 EDT.
Please supply the following application materials:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita
- List of Publications
- Research Interests (up to 4 pages) a statement explaining research interests and qualifications.
Online admissions materials are due on/by the deadline. The first time you go to the below link you will need register for a login password. When you see the Login page, click on the "Update Account" button. This will take you to a form where you will create your account. Make sure that you remember your password so that you can return to the same application to finish your application, or to make changes.
The online application can be found at:
Please upload all documents in a PDF Format.
How to upload Letters of Reference Three letters of reference are required to be considered a complete application. Please ensure that all letters of reference are submitted by the application deadline December 15, 2021 at 17: 00 EDT.
- Contact your references. Make sure that they are available to submit the reference and are willing to write a letter on your behalf.
- The applicant supplies the name and email of each referee in the application form.
- A message is emailed to each reference, which provides a unique URL.
- The reference uses the URL give in their email to upload the letter.
- Once the reference letter has been uploaded, the applicant will see "Complete" when checking the appropriate area of the application status page.
Please contact Christine Benoit at email@example.com if you have any questions.